COVID-19 UPDATE 24 MARCH 2020
As a business we understand that many of our customers are self employed and as such the continuity of your supply is essential for you to make money to provide for your needs and your families. We therefore feel an obligation to meet your manufacturing supply requirements whilst meeting the demands and necessity of being socially responsible citizens.
On this basis here is our supply policy for the UK and French operations:
- Online ordering is open – we are shipping domestically in France and the UK, and we are shipping internationally on a daily basis. Simply order via the web site www.seabase.eu or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Public in person retail sales are closed – at our Newquay UK or Soorts-Hossegor France locations. Order online or by phone and we will ship to you. Call +44 1637 875811 in the UK or +33 558 41 77 05 in Europe.
- Trade in person sales are open – but by appointment only. Please do not turn up and expect us to provide product to you as our opening times will vary, and we aren’t letting people in our warehouses. Instead call ahead and we’ll arrange something for you.
- CNC machine cuts are open – to be supplied to the public via courier, and to the trade in person but by appointment only.
- Pricing – we are more at the mercy of exchange rates right now, than suppliers. We are conscious that prices will vary, and sorry, but to survive, we must ensure our margins are kept at reasonable levels. With the UK Pound diving more than 10% in a few weeks, our blank and resin prices will rise, but look out for cheaper materials later this summer as matters return to normal.
- Supply – Our fibreglass supplier has closed, but US Blanks have received permission to stay open and our resin supply is secure for now. Surfing is clearly essential. We remain reaonably well stocked, but our regular customers will – fairly – be prioritised. Some supplier price gouging has been noted – masks etc, but generally everyone has been rreasonable.
Stay safe everyone – your well being really is of concern to us. Faith and trust will get us through. Kia Kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui.
In 1965 we opened our first surf shop in New Zealand. It all happened from there…
By 1973 founder Murray Steward had moved to Newquay in Cornwall, England via South Africa and built a renowned team of surfboard makers, and a materials distribution company in Europe that now operates world-wide. Today, they still supply the world’s finest marine manufacturing materials, and craft and finish the best surf craft; paddleboards, rescue boards and surfboards. Their 50+ year expertise has grown to incorporate marine resins and coatings, GRP materials and sunscreen too. All offer extreme protection against whatever the elements throw at you. That’s why every product in their shop comes with a guarantee: 100% Waterproof, 100% Quality…